After a short interlude the Sevenoaks Greensand Commons Project is back up and running and we are really excited to announce a new program of volunteer task days. We have lots of great conservation tasks for you to get involved in which will help restore heathland and wood pasture to return once again to the commons.
Below is a list of the dates, times and locations of each task day. If you have any questions, please contact project officer, Joanne Bradley on 07710 143711 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To book on, please click on the eventbrite link and register. We look forward to seeing you there!
Wednesday 26th 10am – 3pm – Sevenoaks Common, glade clearing – Volunteer for the 26th May Event Here
Friday 28th 10am – 3pm – Sevenoaks Common, glade clearing – Volunteer for the 28th May Event Here
Wednesday 2nd 10am – 3pm – Fawke Common, laurel removal – Volunteer for the 2nd June Event Here
Friday 4th 10am – 3pm – Fawke Common, ride widening – Volunteer for the 4th June Event Here
Wednesday 9th 10am – 3pm – Sevenoaks Common, access improvement – Volunteer for the 9th June Event Here
Friday 11th 10am – 3pm – Sevenoaks Common, access improvement – Volunteer for the 11th June Event Here
Wednesday 16th 10am – 3pm – Bitchet Common, heathland surveying – Volunteer for the 16th June Event Here
Friday 18th 10am – 3pm – Bitchet Common, heathland surveying – Volunteer for the 18th June Event Here
Wednesday 23rd 10am – 3pm – Bitchet Common, heathland surveying – Volunteer for the 23rd June Event Here
Thursday 24th 10am – 3pm – Bitchet Common, bracken cutting – Volunteer for the 24th June Event Here
Wednesday 30th 10am – 3pm – Crockhamhill Common, birch thinning and rhododendron removal – Volunteer for the 30th June Event Here
Friday 2nd 10am – 3pm – Crockhamhill Common, birch thinning and rhododendron removal – Volunteer for the 2nd July Event Here
Covid 19: Although restrictions are lifting, please remember to abide by our Covid adapted procedures and to respect social distancing at all times. This is for everyone’s personal safety.
- Do not attend if you are unwell with any Covid symptoms or if someone within your household has been asked to self-isolate
- Please bring your own gloves if you have them
- Abide by social distancing rules
- No tool sharing (if this is necessary, please clean the tool after use with the spray provided)
- No refreshments can be provided at this time. Please bring your own water, hot drinks and lunch/snacks
- All volunteers MUST complete and send back the coronavirus volunteering consent form prior to attending the task day. This will be emailed to you after booking. Volunteers will not be allowed to attend if they have not filled in this form.